Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Week 12 - First Change Completed



To answer a few Questions: 
Dad - I liked your thoughts about faith.  We have been teaching people lots of basic things about faith recently: Faith comes from consistently doing the things we are supposed to and with that foundation when the trials come, they won't kill the faith they'll only help it grow.  Faith is hard to picture as the grand faith of walking off the cliff. I think faith is the tiny little things like reading scriptures every single day, that takes a lot of faith.  I like the questions you posed about the faith to obey and all that but faith is smaller than that and bigger.  Faith is a lot of patience also, idk the more i write the less concise my thoughts become.
Earthquake: No, I didn't feel a thing.  We live like on a pretty solid, dead volcano.  It's practically solid rock.  I don't think they feel any earthquakes here.

Weather: It's strange to think about weather in Utah, because its always like the same here. haha  it's been spring like since i got here. and to think about snow and green grass is so foreign to Mexico.

So...about the bike with the basket - watch nacho libre, he drives one of these bikes but his has an engine.  We don't ride those, and I don't think anyone really rides in the baskets here, because you couldn't drive up any of the hills.


Things not specific to questions asked or emails sent:

This week we got a ton of new people.  We contacted 90 people (in the street and knocked doors) we only taught like 37 lessons we had a meeting or something one day.  Ya, we have a problem we keeping lessons short haha.

We contacted this lady, knocked her door, and talked and both me and zub.  I thought she was pretty chose.  We went to visit her and she wasn't there.  We visited again, and she wasn't there but this time we asked to share our message with her daughter, who is like 35 -  not like a teenager. The daughter is a pretty good investigator.  She read the stuff we gave her and the funny thing is that she said her mom is like a catholic and here they have a saying similar to like the bone but she's a Catholic with colored bones. hahah idk. So the daughter thought it was strange that the mom accepted us.  The next time we went to visit the daughter, she was there and so was her mom.  We taught her and it was a pretty good lesson, but after she said she'd come to church with us and read and do all the things we asked.  She was like "I'll learn and talk with you guys but I'm a catholic and I'm not going to change." haha well we´ll see.  If she does the stuff we ask, God will help her change.

What else... Oh, we had a different investigator that we put a baptismal date with, but when we were explaining baptism she thought that you got baptized naked.  haha yeah... no.

We also have this super difficult investigator who's husband is a member of the bishopric.  She is practically a member but she doesn't have a testimony.  She has a knowledge of the church and she knows its true, but doesn't have a testimony to back it up.  So, she's difficult, like pretty darn difficult.  The first person I've met or imagined that doesn't like the idea, or think its true, that families are forever.  She is really closed off, like doesn't answer questions of what are you thinking or feeling, or imagine your life in 10 years what do you see?  All that stuff she says "I don't know." Thats way tough for the husband, who is super open and has a testimony, has goals for the family, for her, for their two daughters, to hear.  We taught like this super long, way powerful lesson and then put a baptismal date/goal, and she was like "No, I don't want to."  She's afraid to receive and answer and because of that fear she wont.  It was a real downer.
We have another investigator, Maria Luna and her husband Valentin, who are pretty golden, but at the same time as it being easier to teach the wife because she has a churchy background, catholic, its almost easier to teach the husband, who is humble and tries to understand but doesn't where as his wife has her own understanding that we have to replace with truth.
I did flipping interchanges again!! In my area with another newbie like me in the mish.  It annoys me to do interchanges, but I realized I know my area pretty well, and I can kind of give lessons and start lessons in spanish. 

Elder Blotter


p-day clothes... jk I don't wear ties with my polo

No comments:

Post a Comment