Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 34 - Special Changes

I’m like a bit discouraged, not really, but a little. As you know I had special changes, and that means after visiting a family we were teaching on Sunday, who told us that they wanted to get baptized the next Saturday, we got a phone call from president. My comp answered and then passed me the phone. President tells me that he was calling to ask if I’d be willing to go to Paraiso Stake, to the Guelatao ward. Of course I said if thats what you need me to do president thats what I’ll do. He said thanks and said he’d be coming to do the change the next day in the afternoon. So we went back to the house and I packed and cleaned my clothes and got ready to leave. I said by to the family with whom we were living and the inv. there. I wanted to cry but the inv., named Memo Guillermo, told me that all change is good and everything happens for a reason, which made me feel better. Hahaha he’s a 28 year old lawyer who we were teaching. I’m going to return to baptize him in like 2 weeks.

But, back to the story, I left the next day. We woke up, did some stuff and played soccer for a zone activity. I got back to the house and president shows up with the elder I was being changed with. The president’s wife lets the members dog escape so Elder Luna and I chased it down for like three blocks, haha. I changed the stuff and said goodbye to Pantitlan. I said by to Walmart, to a kitchen, to a dryer, to a bunch of super cool people, only to arrive to a disgustingly dirty house in Guelatao, which was in the same zone that I had just left, Paraiso. It took all day to clean and we threw away 5 black garbage bags of trash and filled like 2 full of clothes.

For three weeks I had been in Estado de Mexico, and again I’m in D.F. where the streets don’t make sense and they use a direction system that is truly dumb with a comp thats semi fried.

Yay. Oh and I got to welcome a ward that had zero investigators. Zero. And a bishop that doesn’t want to help the missionaries or be the bishop. The special changes were because one elder was escaping in the night to go hook up with an inv. that was going on for like a month. He went home, and they changed his comp for good measure.

So pretty much the situation is ideal, Hahahaha. Oh ya, I forgot to mention that I got raised from jr. to senior comp, with a comp who has 16 months and who isn’t perfectly obedient, to put it kindly. This week was just a struggle to visit members and get to know them. We only had 2 lessons with people who aren’t members. Only two! We visited 30 members this week, hahaha.

There are 3 cool things that happened:
  • First: we get a referral for this 15 year old who wants the gospel and our message, I just hope we can teach his mother too.
  • Second: while walking in the street some guy called out to us, I/We went back to talk to him and he said while giving us his business card I want to go to your church, call me so we can talk. ¡OKAY!
  • Third: we got the opportunity to return to my old area Saturday night to baptize a family of three, Tazo, Anel and Owen. I baptized all three and it was a super special baptism and a super special feeling of the spirit. I love that I got to feel and share that with them. That experience made this week bearable, haha.
So that’s my life! How y’all doing?

Love you guys, thanks for your prayers,

Elder Blotter


And the pic is of a monument called the coyote the coyote of Nezahualcoyotl the city were I was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment