Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Week 7 - First Impressions

Well...... so much to say and I'm not good at writing or remembering so I'll try to tell you guys everything... but don’t be upset if i miss something.

So the flight we woke up monday morning at like one am, the bus was supposed to leave at 2:30 am-ish, it was late. so we could have gotten like another hour of sleep. packed up, had to send some crap home, you should've gotten that... don’t need any of i think. anyways... bus left at like 3:30-ish to the airport and then get to the airport and there were a ton of missionaries leaving and so the checking was slammed and that took like twice as long as did security, annoying, but like our flight boarded at 545 and thats like when we, me and like the other kids in my district, got finished checking our bags. zoomed through security pretty easy, 

Flight to Houston/Dallas (I forgot)
It was like 20 degrees colder in Texas than was Utah, weird.  Not much to say about the airport except it was bye to a bunch of different peeps from the MTC.

Flight to Mexico City
Not much to say it was a flight, easy enough. We arrived in Mexico at like one in the afternoon;
customs and immigration took a little while but no problems, so that was nice.

We got picked up by two elders at the airport, and were taken in, like, these really nice taxis to the office where we got fed by the mission presidents wife, like hot dogs french fries and some beef; kind of a weird meal.

We then got taught how we teach in the mission for the rest of the day.  Oh ya, pretty much the President doesn't speak any english so like the interview was in spanish, that was though, haha so we got taught forever in the office, so tired it was rough.

The next morning we woke up, got ready, etc. and drove to a stake center where we got our companions.  Every white person (gringo) always gets a latino for a comp and all the new latinos get gringos for their trainers.  My comps name is Elder Zubietta, and he is from Ecuador.  He doesn't speak hardly any English, he’s a convert of like three years, he´s a hard worker, which is nice, but his last few comps were what they call “fritos" here, which means slacker - but literally translated is fried - so sometimes he does stuff and I’m like: “you probably don’t know this, but I think thats against the rules.”

The Area
I’m pretty sure Brad (brother in law) served here, you guys have got to tell him that.  There is a less active member who is trying to find him on FB named ¿yeni? or something and she told the other elders about him.  They were shocked when I said I was related to Brad.  The area is called Ixtla in Pariaso.  It’s pretty ghetto - I.D.K -  the pics do it justice, I think.  There are tons of stray dogs; I practically own a dog. There are tons of VW beetles - I’ll probably have to buy myself one of those after the mish, to remind myself of Mexico.

hahaha 
My comp doesn’t speak much english so its tough to communicate, and my spanish totally sucks.  The members who we meet say my spanish is really good, but..... ya no. It’s not.  I understand some people almost entirely, well the gist of what they’re saying during the lessons, but with other people I have no clue. 


The members here are really cool.  They just give us food and stuff whenever we visit them.  We are in an area that have tons of hills and stuff. Those were just two random thoughts....

Anyways we have to eat (I think he meant **make**) our own breakfast, which is like eggs cooked on a hot plate and I bought corn flakes... and apples.  Ya breakfast is lame.  For some reason we go to the church building and do our morning studies with the district, which is annoying cause then I can only bring the stuff that I use during the whole day and not my spanish text books or Jesus the Christ and stuff. I.D.K… we study till about 11 or 12, and then we go to work.  We have like appointments for every hour of the day.  A good amount of them are less active members.  We are supposed to contact 15 people in the streets during the day.  We eat lunch at like 2:00 pm and lunch is at a members house or a member gives us money to buy lunch somewhere.  I eat like the same amount as my comp and get harassed for not eating enough. idk haha i haven had anything i didn't like, they have tons of like fruit juices here, they ask if you want water and then they go blend a cantaloupe and pour you a glass, its pretty nice......  what else oh ya i cant figure out when we are supposed to return to the apartment, 9 or 930, then we plan and then i sit around till like 1030 to go to sleep.

Thats a typical day.

We have had like two golden investigators already.  We found one in a shop as we were walking back to our appt. she like yelled to us and told us that she wanted us to teach her, that was pretty cool.  The other lady, which was a reference, we went to teach her and it turns out that her kids are all members and stuff.  She has read some B.o.M and had like all the pamphlets, and I think she has a Liahona subscription, hahaha.  We bore our testimonies and then she bore hers. She´s been to church for like 10 weeks in a row, we´ll baptize her on the 22th of March, hahaha, so that’s way cool.

Then there’s the investigator that speaks english well, because he lived in America. He got addicted to drugs and was in prison for a while before he got deported to Mexico. Ya, we gave a cool lesson about the word of wisdom, and I shared a bunch in english, but he didn’t come to church, so that sucked. 

The mission president wants every companionship to have a baptism every week. That’s pretty cool, a little lofty I think, but idk.

What else....... idk.  It’s all a blur.  I follow my comp around cause I don’t really know whats going on hahahaha.  Not knowing spanish sucks; like it’s pretty discouraging. Anyways... idk what else to write. 

I love you guys!

Love,


Elder blotter



No comments:

Post a Comment