Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 9 - Week of the Drunk Men

So, this week we had a baptism and have 4 four more scheduled for the upcoming Saturday; the work is coming along.

This week has been really hot.  Like almost sunburn hot.. sweating is way better than freezing like at the MTC, I did ask some of the members and they said that June is like the hottest month so, I don’t know if they consider it hot right now and that its going to be scorching in June.

Healthy Kick - In the last half of the MTC I decided to do push ups and sit ups and I was really good at doing that every morning in the MTC but.... ya that stopped like the minute I arrived in Mexico. I really should work on that cause I don’t want to be a weakling when I return. 

That's exciting that Hunter Ensign has his call; Ireland is really cool.  Many of the general authorities served their missions in that area… haha

50 lessons a week is under the goal.... and this week we only got 42. slacking…! J.K, not slacking, sometimes its just hard to get 8 lessons in a day, especially Sundays and Saturdays, when nobody is home. 

Junior High, what a terrible time.... haha I had a blast in 7th grade but 8th and 9th weren't my favorites.

Tell Chloe I love her.

Ya, my Spanish is improving, I can ask questions about the lives of the members and understand now. haha…  and ya, it was pretty isolating.  Geoff and Sam, among others, have said that having latino comps is hard.  I actually like my comp a lot, but my only problem is that he doesn’t speak English. We communicate through spanish so if I don't have something I need to say or a specific question we don't really talk about non essential stuff.. which kinda sucks.

Yes, the entire area is a hill. and the picture I sent you last week is not the hill that's terrible-- that hill is rather normal.

So that sucks about going to Bountiful's seminary building at 2 in the morning .... haha and puke in class is always fun... Not!

I forgot that Holly's parents are moving to Utah and Tanner -- I miss that little guy. 

I think this was the week of the drunk men, we talked to so many drunks. And a guy we were talking to took a hit of cocaine right in front of us... haha and I see weed all the time.

My comp was almost robbed, some weirdo was walking by and came really close and tried to pick pocket him. But it was the shoddiest attempt I've ever seen, we were like "whats up?" and he was like "Hey come into my house.... that lady over there is white..." we turned around and said, "see you later man."  haha

What else?  Oh we ran all the way across the city, and when I say run I don't mean run, but we had an apt that was way up high and we were on the complete opposite side of our area. So when we finally get there, no one was home.... ya that stunk.

So baptism. I had to speak at the baptism about baptism, in spanish.... It went okay, I shared a lot of scriptures and bore my testimony-- haha I hope it all made sense... The baptism was of an old lady named Graciela. She has hard core arthritis and she was afraid of the water, so the baptism in the font wasn't the best experience, she was crying.... and they re did it... kind of a fiasco but it was good.... 

We would have 5 baptisms this Saturday but one of them didn't come to church so his date “callo" or fell through, going to bump it back like a week or two.  

So a little story about faith and judging people.

When I first got here we had this investigator who was a drug addict with tats and ear rings and stuff. He actually is American I think.... i.d.k. he was born in Indiana.  Anyways he got kicked out of the US after being in prison there and stuff like that.-yes he speaks english which is nice sometimes-

Anyways, he wasn't progressing in my view and I wondered why we were teaching him, I didn't have much faith in him, and to an extreme view not I didn't have enough faith in the power of the gospel to change lives. Anyways, the last two times we visited him he has cleaned his bedroom and he does his hair now, and everything about him looks cleaner, and his faith is definitely growing. idk I'm telling this poorly, he made some comments during the lesson about how he noticed from our teaching that somethings in his life he wanted to change, like playing video games and music... which is way cool I think. He is using the light of Christ in his life more to discern and he is more receptive to that light. I left that lesson a little bit humbled and with faith in the power to change.

Too bad he didn't show up to church on Sunday --the next morning... 

idk What else. 

I love you guys. Oh, and anyone who hasn't read Jesus the Christ read it, and if you have, read it again! I love it.

well... love,

Elder Blotter



Yellow Water...

No comments:

Post a Comment