Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 29 - Power Outage

So the prop was pretty sweet? Hahaha… So he couldn’t get up on the good ski, that’s too bad. About getting up with the rope to the side when we went boating as young mens with Bret I wanted to water ski and I brought our ski remember? Haha and then he didn’t have a ski rope with a v and I tried to ski anyway and couldn’t get up. It just pulled me to the side and down. Hahaha idk I couldn’t do it either and id rather ski than not ski haha.

So the power went out and we have like 5 mins of back up power on the computers.
Two of my converts the other day were crying as they thanked me and my comp for helping them change their lives and he asked me if he could go on a senior mission and they are already planning on getting sealed. The feeling in that room is why the mission is worth it.

Idk, I think I’m getting changed I had a semi good week, kinda hard and doing have any inv. progressing which means no baptisms which sucks but ay voy (that’s the way it goes).

We got stuck in the rain the other day that was a cool experience.

And I’m nervous that I cant write more so I’m sending this love you!

Soooo the power came back

Hahaha… Umm ya, the weeks of 60 lessons have come and gone. Since they changed the area i teach on a good week 39 lessons. which is below the goal and we get semi chewed out for that number. the mission is soooo number focused it kinda sucks. actually it really sucks, so we got we call planched — means ironed — by our district leader about our numbers and we´re doing something wrong cause god doesn’t send people to fail, if we were doing what we were supposed to our efforts over the last month would have shown. Ya, haha so in my mind I’m thinking I doing everything I need to I’m studying super hard how to be better contacting new people and trying to have inv. and to help the inv. progress but I cant supersede their agency, nor can I force them to listen to me nor to pray or come to church. AND God has a plan and maybe his plan write now is not for me to baptize but to work and work and work without results to see if I’ll keep working. Idk kind of a rant but this week was semi tough haha.

We had 0 baptisms 0 confirmations 0 inv. progressing 0 baptismal goals 0 new inv. and 0 inv. in the church on Sunday.

Ya, it was a bad week. Idk, hahaha I hate that the mission is so focused on the numbers. It’s so important to do 8 lessons and 15 contacts everyday that you cant think out of the box to find new people or give 8 lessons that are powerful or needed, if you don’t have the numbers you go visit every member you can think of to leave a scripture and share a thought and leave only for the sake of numbers. Idk, we just keep working!






No comments:

Post a Comment