Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Week 28 - Lunch

So... your week sounded really busy, hahaha.

The teaching is going well, we only have like one family that we’re teaching, so the week went by rather slowish and kind of tough with the numbers cause we don't have a ton of investigators. My comps feeling fine, and yes I got my haircut. Ya I got the pics.

My Week:
The only people we are teaching is the family of Juan Carlos, and his mom, dad and sister.  They are pretty cool about completing the compromisos (commitments) and everything.  We keep having problems meeting with them like we get their like 10 minutes late and then the daughter goes and gets the dad who is working, and so the lesson starts like 20 minutes late.  I say something while we’re testifying about the plan of salvation that derails the lesson for like 10 minutes while he asks about missionaries in the spirit world and why we need to try here if we can repent there. Hahahahaha ugh I realized I needed to study more deeply plan of salvation to understand what I need to teach the people and the things they don't need to know.

Also we like dropped a significant number of inv. this week. We dropped about 4 people like straight forward we aren't going to come to teach you anymore cause you're not doing anything, the first one was a little uncomfortable at first but it's a little liberating to tell people straight up why you're not coming back and our purpose as missionaries.

What else — ya, I told you that we cooked in the church.

We got 200 pesos, with is about twenty bucks, for the 6 of us to eat; that’s not a lot of money.  A good lunch with a sandwich and a water or soda costs about 50 pesos. So we decided to go and buy longaniza, which is a type of sausage, to make tacos and that we could cook it at the church and then stay at the church for a baptism of the other companionship.  We told the other elders to go for obisbo (bishop) Castillo, the old bishop, to go and buy the meat.   They came to the church with about 2 kilos of longaniza and a little more than a kilo of suadero, seasoned, for free.  Then we bought tortillas and salsa and a coke and ate in the church.  It was actually a really good lunch and was fun to do it ourselves. 

Umm, I think thats about it, hahaha.

I love you guys have a great week and ill try to do the same.

Elder Blotter

P.S. I’m Sorry that I didn't write a lot.





No comments:

Post a Comment