Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Week 19 - Set the Record!

Mom and Dad,

So I guess I shouldn't have mentioned getting stabbed-jabbed. Haha, it was in the middle of the day in the normal part of the area.  No, he was just trying to hurt me, and No, it didn't cut anything. I just had like a bruise after.

Soooo yeah, Elder Zubietta is the district leader in our district right now.  My new comp is Elder Granados, from Guadalajara Mexico.  I like him, but his kind of a frito.  He doesn’t wake up on time, doesn't study english, and instead he goes and lays in bed.   When we were putting appointments with people he said: “We work on sunday?”  Hahaha I replied: “We work everyday.” He asked “On mondays too?” I said: “Yes, in the evening.”  Hahahaha triste (sad) frito. haha its cool I'm working him to death even though I'm junior comp, he only has 5 months on the mish I have 4 and he doesn't know the area or the teaching pool, so he’s senior but I'm really senior right now because he doesn't know the area.  It’s super stressful because I don't speak Spanish completely.  We did 60 lessons this past week which is more than I did with Elder Zubietta.  The highest I did with Zubi was 59, so I set the record.

I don't know, my brains not really working right now because I'm kinda sick.  I don't really have any stories of this week.  Our baptism fell through because she left the house like ten minutes before we came to pick her up for her interview, and she is getting kicked out of the house.  That sounds harsh; the daughter and the son of the member that lives there are boyfriend-girlfriend, and she was possessed (evil spirit) a while ago. The bishop came and cast out the demon.  Right now he is possessed and the member that owns the house is kind of wanted that crap to end, so she says that Amira, the daughter, brought the problem into the house and he doesn't want them there anymore.  So our investigator is leaving our area sometime soon.  She got a job recently and she works friday and saturday, all days both days, so she can come to church on Sunday, which is super sick, but that meant we couldn't really meet with her after she escaped her interview.  We went by on sunday morning to see if she could come to church and she said no. I was like “I want you to know how important it is to come to church and we want to invite you”.  Then we left and she showed up to church.  My DL interviewed her, set the baptism for 6 o'clock the same day, and when we went by to pick her up to take her to the baptism she asked if her daughters could all get baptized right then too.  Unfortunately, the answer was no cause they don't have the lessons, but we’re gonna try and do that all this week so they can get baptized before they leave the area.  We don't baptize people that aren't completely ready, if it sounds like I'm focusing to much on baptism.


Well, I love you.  


Elder Blotter

No comments:

Post a Comment