Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 37 - #LDSConf

Hello!  

How are you this week? I'm doing pretty well.  I needed to hear this general conference. It gave me extra energy or more batteries. I don't feel so drained and I feel like I have more power to teach the gospel. I love hearing the prophet’s voice. Love it. I had been waiting about a six months to hear their voices. Always it seems like everything that’s said is applicable in missionary work, which is wonderful.  

In conference, there were a lot of new things, no? People speaking other languages, three topics in a row all about sustaining the prophet, Uchtdorf forgot to fix his hair... It was really cool to hear the talks in Spanish, which were in Spanish. Of course I listen to conf in English. But we entered the room with everyone else to hear the ones in Spanish. I really liked Jorge's talk, he was super straightforward and I felt a renewed call to commit myself to perfect obedience — not that I had stopped being obedient or anything just that I can be better, I'd say the prevailing topics were the fast, testimony and the prophet. Being a missionary during conf is a super cool experience. You get to sit in the stake center in your suit on hard plastic chairs and pay attention to every session of conference, and you get specific answers to your prayers, but that isn't necessarily specific to missionaries.  

Anyway, the work here in Guelatao. I learned in conf to stop thinking "I hope the bishops listening right now to this talk", because about ten-seconds before that was said the thought ran through my head. Hahaha so I learned to focus more on me. Be more selfish in my spirituality. Hahaha but I told you we found Alejandra no? She is an investigator who is having a hard time but is super animated (he means "excited") to continue in the gospel, and with the lessons. She was sick so she couldn't go to church on Sunday which is always hard, and Ramón, who is super ready to be a member but he just needs to find time for us was gone and we couldn't see him all week.  We also found a bunch of new less actives, idk I feel less discouraged by the work and more impelled to teach and contact after conference.  

My comp, simply put my comp is paying me back for all the times I was a bad sibling. We have a family in our ward that consists of a grandma, single mom and two young men 10 years and 12 years. They are a super cool family but Oscar and Omar fight like cats and dogs and I just feel sad that I can see myself in their behavior and every admonitino (baby admonish) that I share with the two kids are the things that I'm using to not kill my companion, hahaha like being the better person being kind, not getting mad, swallowing my pride and just listening when he insults me. Hahaha teaches me right I guess.  

You know how missionaries come back from the missions and are fanatics right I was thinking about that and the people who assist general conference here. There are what 5 sessions of conference 6 if we count the women's broadcast, but 5 during conf weekend. And here in Mexico we the missionaries arrive and listen to every session. A total of ten hours of conf. and there are a couple different levels of members here. There are about 15 people in the stake who stay for every session. There are about 80-ish who stay for all the sessions on Sunday, there are like 450 or more who show up for Sunday morning and there are those who take a break from church. And as a missionary I cant but think how horrible it is to not watch every single minute of every single session. And that’s not something I feel like I want to lose when I get home — hence missionary fanatic. Hahaha there are things that I think god wants you to learn on your mish and become a fanatic about scriptures prayer conference, church attendance, going to every activity in church, etc. Idk where I was going with that thought but there it was.  

My friend Bryce who is in the Mexico City like east mission who is a secretary with 3 months in the mish, talked to the secretaries of our mission and sent a hello, that was pretty cool, hahaha.  

Other random thoughts I've been in the same stake in my whole mission but for three weeks.  

Another thing that was super cool about conference was seeing people. I got to say hi to all the people I left in Ixtla all the members the converts and everything it was really cool, I have a lot of friends in that ward. And it was cool to see the other missionaries, and since we the white people, I would say Americans but there were two Canadians, and Mexicans get offended when I call myself American, watched it in English we spoke in English the whole time. It was nice. Hahaha I've only been speaking Spanish for a while, took a little relaxing break to shake out some stress.  

What else, well my comp he's like sick in his kidneys or something and he's been taking medicine and everything for the kidneys for like the entire time we've been together, well this week his meds were three shots that he took in the butt cheek, hahaha it was pretty funny to see him get a large injection in his cheek and then walk crooked as we went back to our house.  

Sorry that I haven't been taking many pictures but the areas a little sketchy and I don't carry my camera, and my comps not really my friend and so there’s not a lot of photo taking in the house.  

I washed that dirty tie that brad gave me that has been on like ten missions, I'm sorry to whoever got their name erased, but it was time.  

Well, I feel like I ran out of things to say.  

#selfiesunday. I got soaked as we walked home in the rain on Sunday night and I took this selfie in remembrance of selfiesunday, and to have something to send home.  

Love, 
Elder Blotter

No comments:

Post a Comment