Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 39 - Fixed Brad's tie...

Hey!

I'd be halfway done with the mission if I was a girl. I'm about to hit about of halfway marks in the mission, my first of two halloweens thanksgiving my only christmas that I'm going to have in the mission. It's strange. I'm almost halfway done. Hahahaha I'm not trunky I just don't like my comp.

So... this week was different. I spent practically half the time out of my area, my comp had something wrong with his back so we went to the offices to have them buy the pills, and take x rays to see what the problem was-is that was Tuesday morning. Wednesday we went to go pick up the X-rays from the clinic that took forever. Thursday we went to the temple to get the X-rays read by the doctor, Friday we went to the temple to get flu shots, I opted for not getting shot. Hahaha and Saturday we had a mission meeting that I was hoping Dallin H. Oaks was going to come too. But no, just President.  And there was lots and lots of combi riding.  A combi is like a passenger van (smaller that prison vans) that they line with seats and fill with like 17 people 18 with driver, I think.

Traveling here is stressful and when it gets hot you open the windows and breath a lot of smog.
And its crowded.

When I went to the temple I was wanting to see Bryce from BYU cause I think all the Mexico City missions were getting vaccinated. I don't think vaccinated is a word. But I didn't. Darn.

Anyway our investigator, Alejandra, was progressing super well.  She came with us to the visitors center, had a baptismal date, and was super excited.  She had a ton of problems in her personal life and she said that the gospel was helping her, that all her problems were trials because Satan doesn't want her to know the truth. Yep... and now we have had one lesson with her in the last like two weeks.

Also the guy that sells hamburgers close to our house took our message really well, but now he is like being weird.  Haha he bailed on his appointment that we had and he acts weird, idk. I saw so much potential in this guy and his family and he wont use his agency to accept Jesus in his life!

So pretty much all of our investigators buzzed out. Ramon, the guy that I'm pretty sure has received all the missionary lessons and everything in other areas and even in the states, is practically impossible to talk to and he's unreliable.  He didn't come to church.  So we went from three progressing and a baptismal date to all zeros.  The silver lining is that we have like three families that are referrals that are pending, so I could have good news in the next email.

I realized how much I hate negative speaking.  We have a couple members who we visit who are like super strong in the gospel and they know like everything, and they just want to bash the bishop for a good hour.  I understand and agree that the bishop is crap, but I just get depressed listening to it.  And instead of saying it's okay well keep working until the bishop changes or I'll do my part even though he's not doing his, they all think *I'll just go to church once every 3 months to stay active and hibernate until the bishop gets changed.*

So we had a mission meeting with all the missionaries in the mission because president is fed up with all the disobedience.  He put a row of chairs in the front of the room and said "Disobedience is equal to not having faith and if you don't want to be obedient then go home."  We sat in silence for like a good minute or two until he asked "Who wants to go home?"  I honestly hope the mission changes, but my comp hasn't changed his attitude. Ugh.  

Also president said that missions are supposed to be fun, and they can be fun. I so want for my mission to be fun, but I'm suffering here, haha, and boy can I tell you it's not fun!

I was thinking out loud while changing out of my suit on Saturday and my comp like blew up and called me a bunch of names.  Hahahahaha it was so out of nowhere, I didn't know what the heck was up.  So instead of going and visiting people we had a little chat until he got his head back on.  Boy, do I love my companion. I sure have learned a lot. But it's not the types of learning experiences you look for. I've learned to be patient and not to argue to not respond, I've learned a lot of humility. And long suffering. I guess I had to learn those attributes sometime  I just hope I can be done learning them in two weeks.

In my studies I'm reading from every book in the standard works.  In Leviticus it's talking about the ordinances in the temple and its kinda cool to read between the lines about the robes of the priesthood and the sons of Aaron.  In the B.O.M. - I finished it in Spanish about two weeks ago so I'm reading it again and reading the parts that when I first was reading I was in the mtc and I'm appreciating it a lot more. I really like Nephi he's like my hero. Also I'm reading "Jesus the Christ" again, it's such a killer book.  Talmadge nailed one home when he wrote it.  It explains so clearly everything about Jesus and his life. I'm waiting anxiously until I get the conference edition of the liahona another reason I want these two weeks to be done already.

So the photo I sent, I fixed brads tie. Hahahaha I hope that doesn't make him mad, or sad, or jealous because now it's not hideous. I washed it and then made it skinnier. Hahahaha... I didn't cut it so if brad wants it back to its original width when I get home then he can.



Ummm well I think thats all folks.

Love you bunches,
Elder Blotter

No comments:

Post a Comment