Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Week 38 - Serenity Now!

So pretty much the same this week.

Taught lessons, visited members and that kind of stuff. Haha I still don't really like my comp, and by say don't really like him, is just my acceptance of the mission presidents will and through him gods will. 

This week we found a lot of new less actives. This ward is in such bad shape. hahahaha there a ton of members and cool members too, but Guelatao used to be one of the biggest wards in the stake with the best membership numbers and all that jazz now we started the sacrament meeting with 17 people. and ended with 40. the thing is that we honestly cant visit all the members, we learned this week about an entire section of the ward that we hadn't visited because we didn't think it was ours. There are at least 25 names in the list that live over there.  

This past week we went to the visitors center the doctor a wedding and a baptism. so the week blew by which was really nice. my comp thought he had a problem with his kidneys but the doctor this time said it was is back, like spinal chord pain. so we´re going for an x ray tomorrow and another visit to the doctor Thursday. honestly i don't know what it is but my last couple comps had a bunch of health problems whilst we were together.  

We went to the visitors center and brought our inv. who was going to get baptized the 25 or 28th whichever is Saturday. she felt the spirit learned about Jesus and the prophets and apostles. honestly the visitors center is normally the one two punch of a convert. you have someone who is ready for baptism and is scared or doesn't get it all yet or you want them to understand the eternal nature of the family a little bit better. the temple. seriously its always a cool experience.  

The only thing that stunk about that was that she didn't come to church on Sunday so she has to wait to be baptized.  

What else we finally recontacted some people that we contacted like my first day, and talked with them for a while about missionaries and what we do and that stuff and how he took study from the JW´s for like a year and wasn't convinced, ya because they don't have the truth, so we are going to visit them today, it's a house that more that 15 people live there. and not like a dept. building, like family who i think are going to progress towards baptism. super cool.  

Idk. what else happened this week... I'm sure more.  

The pic is Friday night when it rained like crazy. And a member gave me a poncho. Pretty styling. I felt dumb but dry so it was all good.  



I'm sticking it out here. Missions are better when you have a good comp. hahahahaha I think ill be training next change, but that's like 4 weeks aways. which I hope passes as fast as this change did. Don't worry I'm knocking on wood as we speak. God wants me to learn something with this comp I'm sure of it.  

Oh, I remembered the story of the week. we decided to teach sabbath day to the people in our ward, we taught the lesson twice, and after i testify of like completing with gods commandments brings blessings. my comps says its okay if you work on Sundays god understands work is a beautiful thing... i just sat there speechless, we left the house and i was like how in the world do i tell my comp to stop teaching that. he asked me whats wrong. i said hey when we teach people about the commandments, you cant at the end tell them it's okay to break them. he like blew up and like a racist Mexican told me I've never had problems in my life and i don't understand, maybe i don't understand poverty but i do understand gods commandments.  

"Courage not compromise brings the smile of gods approval"  

- Thomas S Monson.  

Ya that got him really mad, and I had to cool off too. Idk, I'm just waiting for the changes honestly.  

Serenity now!  

Love you!

Elder Blotter

No comments:

Post a Comment